Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 6 - What A Drive

Today we left Piney Flats and my friend Becky. We drove to Johnson City, TN to get our Starbucks to go. It was a beautiful day for a drive over the mountains. We hit I-26 about 11:00 AM.
    IMG 0935
We climbed up from 1600 feet in Erwin, TN to 3760 feet at Sam's Gap. On the North Carolina side of Sam's Gap we saw three run away truck ramps. We did not encounter anything greater then 6% grades going up or down.
   IMG 0941
Asheville was a bit congested. Loop 240, and I-40 were not nearly as nice as I-26. We  arrived at Yogi in the Smokies at 2PM. We were created by Yogi Bear himself.

IMG 0947
After registration, we got set up, then took a short nap. Our site backs up to the Raven Fork River.We met up with Alan and Marilyn from BlessOurVoyage - Tales of the McMillian's Travels who are workamping here. We enjoyed dinner at Paul's in Cherokee.

Friday, Carol and I will rest up a bit. I may take a short hike to Mingo Falls then veg by the pool. Later in the evening I'll fire up the grill and treat Alan and Marilyn to some good Texas style chicken. We may just finish of the evening with a campfire.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment